Old Abergavenny Rd
Goytre Wharf is where the Trust’s trip boats are located.
Our Boat Trips will be restarting Friday 30th April 2021. We will only be running Edith Elizabeth which is an open-sided craft.
Please check on our Boat Trips page for more information.
Goytre Wharf is owned by the Canal and River Trust and managed by ABC Leisure Group. Local woodland is owned/managed by Natural Resources Wales. For more information about the Wharf or to use some of the services at the Wharf please visit https://www.goytrewharf.com/. Information on how to get to the Wharf can be found below.
How To Get To Goytre Wharf
Goytre Wharf is situated off the A4042. Turn off the A4042, 1 mile (1.5km) north of Goytre. This junction has direction signs “Mon & Brecon Canal, Goytre Wharf”. Follow Saron Road for about 1 mile (1.5km) until you reach a T junction with a brown sign pointing toward Goytre Wharf. Turn right at this T junction and proceed for another mile (1.5km) until you reach the entrance to the Wharf (“Welcome to Goytre Wharf”) on the right. Proceed down the entrance road and park in the car-park to the left. Disabled Parking can be reached by continuing past the main car-park. You can set your navigation to route to Goytre Wharf, Llanover, Abergavenny, Monmouthshire, NP7 9EW.
Parking at Goytre Wharf is good. Please note that the barrier to the car park is opened at 7.00am and locked daily at 9.00pm. There is a parking charge payable at a machine. There is also coach parking available. More information can be found on the Goytre Wharf car-parking page.
The wharf is adjacent to National Cycle route 49 which follows the canal towpath. The route goes from the market town of Abergavenny and the city of Newport and you can also branch off on onto Route 492.
The Stagecoach X3 service runs about 4 times a day from Abergavenny to Pontypool and returns along the A4042, Monday to Saturday, but the nearest bus stop (at Llanover Post Office) is over a mile away from the Wharf. The X3 is operated by Stagecoach. Please check on their site for a current timetable.
There is good access at the wharf for wheel chairs, but the suitability of footpaths is variable.
GOYTRE WHARF MAP
You can find a map of the Goytre Wharf site on the Goytre Wharf website.
Upcoming Events at this location
- CANCELLED - Boat Trips - Saturday May 8, 2021 - 10:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Boat Trips - Sunday May 9, 2021 - 10:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Boat Trips - Friday May 14, 2021 - 10:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Boat Trips - Saturday May 15, 2021 - 10:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Boat Trips - Sunday May 16, 2021 - 10:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Boat Trips - Friday May 21, 2021 - 10:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Boat Trips - Saturday May 22, 2021 - 10:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Boat Trips - Sunday May 23, 2021 - 10:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Boat Trips - Friday May 28, 2021 - 10:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Boat Trips - Saturday May 29, 2021 - 10:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Boat Trips - Sunday May 30, 2021 - 10:30 am - 3:30 pm